Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tothian Pizza

Here's a Pizza I discovered and popularized a few years ago. Philly Cheesesteak Pizza had never really been a mainstream pizza in the past. But when I tried it and discovered how delicious it was, I wanted others to be able to enjoy this kind of pizza the same way I did.

And it was even added to the Urban Dictionary! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tothian+Pizza

There are different variations of it. The way I like to make it, is starting off one of two ways. The first layer could either be a thin layer of mozzarella cheese, or garlic sauce (butter w/ garlic powder), then the other one next. Then, you cook it for a few minutes, just enough to melt the cheese a little bit.

The steak should be cooked separately. You don't want to use that thick steak, you could just use either steakums, then shredded (and of course using a paper towel to absorb some of the grease), or you could also use sirloin beef steak, which starts off as like a frozen block of steak but once cooked, it starts to shred up a bit.

If I use the steakums slices, I don't mix any cheese with it yet.

If I use the beef sirloin steak, which shreds up, once it starts about getting cooked to where I want it, I put a few slices of american cheese in there and then mix it all up in that while it's cooking on the pan.

Then, the pizza should be out of the oven now, with the cheese melted a little bit. You place the steak on the pizza now.

If you used steakums, shred them up now and cover the entire top of the pizza with them. Then you rip the pieces of american cheese and spread those all over the pizza, which you'll see an example in the first picture, before I put the pizza back in the oven again the 2nd time.

If you used beef sirloin steak with the american cheese already cooked with it, you won't need to add any more american cheese on top.

Either way, sprinkle some more mozzarella cheese on top.

Then cook it in the oven or toaster oven at about 350 for approximately 10 minutes. And of course it's always good to pre-heat, too.

And again, since each one of you reading this has your own unique taste buds, you can feel free to make your own variations of it. There are some good secondary toppings I've tried with it, that I think go well with it, like mushrooms, and tomatoes. I haven't tried both of them at the same time on my Tothian Pizza, though. But if you like either of those toppings on your pizza, try it. You'll be glad you did.

Here's a picture of it before I put it in the oven: 


Here is Tothian Pizza after I took it out of the oven. As you could see, it glows with awesomeness. And tastes unbearably delicious, too!


And should you decide to try it, feel free to contact me and let me know what you thought! Whether you like it or not! Although I feel pretty confident in saying that I think most people would enjoy it.